- Things To Consider Before Getting Dental Veneers
- A Guide To Emergency Veterinary Care For Pets
- Top 5 Things You Have To Know About Dental Implants
- Dishwasher Repair vs. Replacement
- Best Guide To Table Tops In New Zealand And How They Can Help You Save Money
- What is the Background of a Logo and How Do You Remove it?
- Welcome To The World! A Baby Gift Guide
- Understanding the Value of a 24 Hour Dentist in Perth
- What Is The Best Way To Clean Grout Without Damaging It
Welcome Community Dental Service
The Community Dental Service (CDS) is a free dental service for eligible children and young people up to 18 years. The CDS Perth is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive and preventative dental care to all eligible children and young people. The CDS operates within the public dental system in Victoria and is funded by the Department of Health & Human Services.
The CDS provides a range of dental services, including:
- General dental care
- Preventative dental care
- Orthodontic treatment
- Oral health education
The CDS is staffed by a team of qualified dental professionals, including dentists, oral health therapists, dental assistants and administrative staff. The CDS operates from several locations across Victoria, including metropolitan, rural and remote areas.
To be eligible for the CDS, children and young people must:
- Be aged 0-18 years
- Hold a current Medicare card
- Be eligible for Victorian public dental services
To find out more about the Community Dental Service or to find your nearest CDS clinic, please visit the Department of Health & Human Services website.
What does dental service do?
Dental service provides dental care and treatment to patients. We work to prevent, diagnose, and treat conditions of the teeth and gums. We also educate patients on how to maintain good oral health.
What are the various dental services?
Dental services encompass various treatments and procedures to maintain oral health. Some of the most common dental services include:
- Preventive care: This type of dental care focuses on preventing oral health problems before they occur. It includes regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments, and sealants.
- Restorative care: This type of dental care is used to treat oral health problems already developed. It includes treatments such as fillings, crowns, and bridges.
- Cosmetic dentistry: This type of dental care is focused on improving the appearance of teeth. It includes treatments such as teeth whitening, veneers, and bonding.
What are the three classifications of dental services?
Dental services can be clasified into preventive , diagnostic, and therapeutic.
Preventive dental care is the kind of care that helps you avoid getting dental problems. This includes brushing your teeth, flossing, and getting regular dental checkups.
Diagnostic dental care is the kind of care that helps you find out if you have any dental problems. This includes things like getting X- rays and having your teeth cleaned.
Therapeutic dental care is the kind of care that helps you treat dental problems. This incldes getting fillings, having your teeth pulled , and getting braces.